the disruptive impact of blockchain on Finance, Venture Capital, Insurance, and Law
We have partnered with Curiositas to produce MASTERCLASSES. These were piloted in November 2017 to great acclaim.
This is an engaging & comprehensive financial, legal and technical analysis of the disruptive impact of blockchain on Finance, Venture Capital, Insurance, and Law.
The founders of Curiositas will share their experience and research over tailored masterclasses.
As an example, do look below where we include the agenda from the Masterclasses held in November 2017.
We will hold them for mixed companies. And we'll bring them to your offices too.
Please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss the Masterclasses.
Example AGENDA (from Masterclasses held in November 2017)
"Finance, Venture Capital, Insurance and Law - is blockchain technology disrupting you already? (Sure, it is!)"
- Team Introduction.
- What Motivates Us: Curiosity.
- What Does Curiositas Do:
- Research And Industry Reports
- Proofs of Concept And Product Development
- CurioLAB: Advising Blockchain Startups (Tech, Legal And Fundraising)
B. Introduction to Blockchain and Decentralized Ledger Technology (DLT)
- The Trust Machine.
- Blockchain Genesis: It Started With Bitcoin.
- Blockchain Is Brilliant Technology, Not Speculation: Take Jamie Dimon’s Word For It.
- Distinctive Features: Decentralization and Immutability.
- The Beauty Of Public Key Cryptography.
- Mining But Not As We Know It: Proof Of Work, Proof Of Stake, And Proof Of Importance.
C. Emerging Types of Blockchain/DLTs And Future Challenges
- New Kinds Of Blockchains - "You haven't seen anything yet"
- It's Not All Rosy
- Innovation Bias: Do You Really Need A Blockchain For That?
- Environmental Impact
D. Code = Law?
- No Longer Science Fiction: "Smart" (Data-driven And Self-executing) Contracts
- Applying The “Boolean Logic”: If This, Then That.
- Can You Code A Smart Contract And Put Lawyers Out Of Business?
- Let's Do It: Coding A Smart Profit-sharing Contract.
- Examples Of Code-able Contracts: Payments, Insurance, Derivatives, Supply Chain, And Asset Transfer.
- Decentralised Autonomous Organisations (DAOs): Automating Corporate Governance
- A Tour Of Delphi: What Is An "Oracle" And The Application Program Interfaces (APIs)?
- "Kleros": Using Game-Theory and Economic Incentives To Resolve Disputes in Smart Contracts – Ancient Greek Style.
E. Insurance - "From Slips To Smart Contracts"
- Blockchain Insurance Industry Initiative (B3i) Joined By SwissRe, Allianz And Others
- Asset Tracking: Everledger and Provenance
- “Parametric” Products: Property & Casualty (Catastrophe Bonds, Crop Damage) And Life Insurance.
- Fizzy”: Insurance Giant AXA Launches Smart Contracts for Flight Delays.
- Real Time Information And Pricing through Internet of Things (IoT) and Oracles.
- Floyd Mayweather’s "Stox" and Other Ventures in Prediction Markets.
G. Finance - "Radically Lowering The Cost of Trust"
- The leading project: R3 Corda
- Digital Identity and Avoiding "Double Spend"
- ENBD Launches "Cheque Chain"
- Clearing and Instant Settlement: Achieving T+0
- Digital "Hawalas": Ripple's Infrastructure And Its Adoption By RAKBANK and First Abu Dhabi Bank (FAB)
- “Smart” Bonds: Prototype Sovereign Bond (Australia) And Social Impact Bonds (UBS Innovation Lab)
- Supply Chain Finance: IBM and Maersk Want to Eliminate the "200 interactions" Required To Ship a Container of Flowers
- Thomson Reuters' "Oracle": BloqOne IQ
- Equichain in Abu Dhabi: Exchange Of Securities Directly Between Investors
H. Crypto-Fundraising And Investing
- What Is An Initial Coin Offering (ICO)?
- Entrepreneurial Fundraising From Your Bedroom.
- Rapid Growth Aided by “Bitcoin Whales” and Community Support
- Let's Do It: Create and Promote The Curiositas Coin In Five Minutes
- The Technology Behind A Token:
- Primary Tokens
- Secondary Tokens
- The Underlying Economics
- Neither Equity Nor Debtholder Be.
- Funny Money Or “Digital Assets”?
- The “Monetary Policy” and “Fiscal Policy” of ICOs.
- The Legal Position
- ICOs - Where Do They All Come From: The Crypto-Valley Of Zug, Switzerland And Other Crypto-Havens
- Review Of An ICO “White Paper”.
- What Are The Legal Rights Of Token-holders? (Spoiler: Hardly Any)
- The Regulatory Response From The US, UK, China, And Switzerland.
- The UAE Position
- Dubai Financial Services (DFSA) Recommendation
- Abu Dhabi Global Markets (ADGM) Recommendation
- Tales From the Crypto
- The Case of DAO – “Venture Capital Without The Capitalists?”
- The Case of Tezos: What Do You Do When You Ask US$20m For Your Product Development And They Give You $!$#$230m? Update: Class Lawsuit Against Tezos In California In Early November.
- Dogecoin – A Dog Meme With A Market Cap Of $234m, The “Paris Hilton” Coin, The “Useless Ethereum Coin” And Other Joke Coins.
- Imagine This: Facebook Doing An ICO With Tokens Of Human Attention
- Humanitarian ICOs: UNICEF Plan To Launch "Donercoin"
- ICOs/Cryptocurrencies In The UAE – A Financial And Legal Review
- OneGram: “Gold Backed – Sharia Compliant Token”
- Esanjo: “Tokenization” of Real Estate Management
- "Rock Ventures Dubai" Crypto-VC Fund
- The Royal Kingdom Coin
- Farad Cryptoken
- Afterschool ICO
- The Baroness Bitcoin and Dubai Real Estate Transactions in Bitcoin
- Sovereign Interest - Cryptocurrencies pegged to the fiat
- emCash: The Digital Currency Under Development By Emcredit (Dubai Economy).
- Project Ubin: Singapore Central Bank Uses Ethereum To Digitise National Currency.
- The J-Coin For Tokyo Olympics 2020
- Would The Greeks Have Abandoned The Euro Had Cryptocurrencies Existed In 2015?
- Academic Interest
- Imperial College Centre of Cryptocurrency and Engineering.
- MIT Digital Currency.
- University of Edinburgh Blockchain Technology Laboratory
- Wisdom of Crowds or Market for Lemons: A Behavioral Approach.
- Will It All Go South (Seas Bubble) Or A New Asset Class Emerges?
- World Economic Forum Sees Great Potential
- ICO Best Practices.
- Emerging Business Models And Investment Structures: Crowdfunding, “Tokenization” Of Tangible Assets.
- Crypto-VC Fund: Blockchain Capital, The “Most Lawyered-up ICO Ever”
- ICO Incubator: Science Blockchain.
- Crypto-Hedge Funds: The Example Of Andreessen Horowitz-backed Polychain Capital.
J. Concluding Remarks and Networking Session
* The Agenda will always be expanded to reflect latest developments in blockchain technology.